Monday, August 3, 2009

Harry Potter


The other week we went and saw the 6th movie with our friends Nate and Alison up in the Jordan IMAX theater. it was such an awesome movie! (If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.) Well McKell remembered that he had never read the 7th book because he was on his mission when it came out, so he was determined to go to Wal-Mart that night and buy it so he could read it. Keep in mind that it was after midnight and we were in Salt Lake. I was not very excited about this plan and I was so tired and just wanted to go home. After a long drive of trying to convinve to wait until tomorrow and we can just borrow it from our parents, he gave in. So the next day, he went to his parents and got the book and started to read. I felt really left out and decided I was going to read it as well, so I went to my parents and borrowed their copy and started the book again. For the next 2 weeks, we spent all our time reading the book, trying to beat each other to the end. We aren't very competitive :) We would spend hours of our time reading and trying to distract the other person so that we could read ahead of the other. The other day we both finished the book (Mckell likes to call it a tie but I really won) It was a great book and it was fun to talk to Mckell as he was discovering what was going on. If you have not read this series because you don't want to follow the trend you are really missing out on some great reading!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha! way to beat him, sari. cute blog, by the way. i'm glad i found it so we can keep in touch!

Nikki said...

You guys are sooo funny. I can totally see Mck throwing something at you to get you distracted. You guys are my favorite! :)

Sav Gardiner said...

so i decided to give in and read the series cause i never did.... well i'm in the middle-ish of book one... and its pretty good!