Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm Back!

It has been 9 months since I have posted on my blog! So pathetic I know, well now that I have the summer off and, as of now, won't be working next year I have time to waste, I mean update, on my journal.

This past year has been amazing! I was teaching 3rd grade down in Salem at an amazing school. The students and parents there were awesome to work with as well as the staff and other teachers. I didn't know I could grow so close to 30 students over 9 months. The last day was an emotional roller coaster for me. I would be so excited to be done with 10 hour work days but then I would remember I would never see my students again and start crying.

Not only were the students wonderful but they taught me so much. I learned how to be strict and nice at the same time, spring fever is REAL, 3rd graders like to make homemade pictures to give their teacher, if you think something is cool you can convince the entire class that it is too, students' parents aren't as scary as I thought, they can actually become your friends, as a teacher, working 60+ hour weeks is normal, etc. I love teaching and helping students going from confused to getting the concept. I will miss the best 3rd grade class at our elementary because really they were. I had such hard working, smart students to work with I feel spoiled to have such an amazing class and nothing can compare to this year.

This year has been filled with a lot of work for Mckell and I. On top of me staying busy with school and being in the Young Women's in my ward, Mckell was more busy than I was. In order for Mckell to graduate this spring, he needed to take 20+ credits each semester and he did it while working a full time job as well! He also has discovered a love of golf. Working so hard on the weekdays he needed a release on Saturdays and golf was the best thing! I don't love his, now obsession with golf but I am always so busy that I am glad he has something to do.

This summer I have been able to start performing again! I am Hairspray down here in Spanish Fork but I will post more about that later. I am staying busy now with that and helping my older sister who just had her third baby girl! She is so precious, I will post pictures of Little Elanore Rose Lewis later, I don't have many pictures to upload yet but they will come.

I am so excited to not only keep up on my blog but also everyone's as well!!!

1 comment:

Kristal said...

Yay! I'm glad you "are back" :)